THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
At Rivian, we are adventurous. We are looking for a NPI Technical Program Manager to drive new vehicle part implementation into the Service Supply Chain. This position will motivate and challenge you as a technical program manager to execute Service supply chain readiness for Rivian vehicle part changes, and new vehicle launch introductions (go-to-market strategies). You will need to have solid program management skills, strong technical capabilities, and the right attitude to collaborate with teams across the organization.
You will collaborate and maintain operational partnerships with your design engineers to develop the Service BOM for new vehicles and determine part service levels to reduce supply chain complexity and cost for Rivian’s vehicle portfolio.
- Partner with Design Engineering to develop the Service BOM for new vehicles, to determine which parts of the vehicle will be serviced and implemented in the global service network
- Go-to-Market new part introduction and program launch responsibilities (service level to service center launch)
- Ownership of End of Life parts analysis process for your vehicle systems to mitigate obsolescence, ensure supply continuity, mitigate inaccurate forecasting, and align on commercial and warehousing strategy terms
- Master data ownership and structure/maintenance of the Service BOM for your specific vehicle systems (ex: Thermal, Body, Interior, etc..) with high level of accuracy to ensure supply chain success
- Technical expertise and analysis of design changes in part designs to determine supersession and compatibility relationships for your parts
- Support exception management reporting, part serviceability escalations, and proactive monitoring of new part introductions to ensure supply continuity for your parts
- Collaborate with demand planning, supply chain, global distribution centers, engineering, and other partners to understand demand forecast drivers that will impact supply continuity
- Drive first principles approach in cross-functional decision making to move sourcing, service levels, and forecasting forward to enable supply continuity across the service network
- Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of your work and the organization
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field (vehicle repair a plus)
- Bachelors (Masters Preferred) with emphasis in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Engineering or related discipline
- CAD/Catia/Enovia/PLM experience
- Experience analyzing design changes (vehicle repair / aftermarket a plus)
- Experience managing complex Bills of Material (Service BOM a plus)
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP with focused experience on product lifecycle management, bills of material, supply chain operations, and procure to pay processes (SAP experience a plus)
- Excellent project management
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities to allow decision-making or presenting recommendations to the business.
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes