Industry: Information Technology
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Merchandise Planning and Buying
Base Salary - $120,000 to $150,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Master's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Technical Program Manager, B2B and B2C Sellers
StubHub?s projects, like our fans, sellers and partners, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus.
As a Technical Program Manager at StubHub, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
This includes managing project schedules, Identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span multiple offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it?s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project?s progress and deadlines.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will partner with Engineering, and Product, teams across the globe, working closely with Marketing, Partnerships, Customer Service, Legal, Finance, Genre Managers and Management teams to evaluate StubHub's products, and services for the Ticket Brokers, Content Rights Holders and Venue Owners as well as other ticketing platforms.
Your experience in working with external partners, building back end infrastructure and platforms will be integral as you review projects through design, development and launch phases.
You will develop deep insights into the mechanics of how StubHub runs, working with other members of the team on impactful and often groundbreaking initiatives.
You will plan and execute technical delivery programs with cross-functional teams. You will dive in and learn about the needs of StubHub?s diverse ecosystem of partners that bring inventory to our site and be able to translate technical issues into topics that can be discussed with functional leaders.
Behind everything, our sellers and partners see online and within the tools we provide for them is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. We are always on call to keep our site, systems, and tools running smoothly, ensuring our fans can get into the events and our sellers can sell and both have the best and fastest experience possible.
- An active, vocal partner in defining the strategic direction of a major product and / or product line involving several complex programs.
- Work with all departments to secure, prioritize and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams to deliver programs
- Facilitate program status meetings, track status of existing issues and identify new issues and risks.
- Act as a central point of contact for all communication related to the programs and project(s).
- Facilitate stream intake sessions
- Communicate program status at all management levels.
- Ensure that programs adhere to established standards and methodology practices. Help define new development processes and industry best practices.
- Assess impact of change requests.
- Make recommendations on how to best approach programs and projects keeping in mind the business goals.
- Know at all times the health of programs and projects, risks and impact to delivery of customer and business value.
- Maintain awareness of cross product / program synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management.
- Master?s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Hands-on experience as a Program Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master, preferably with large organizations.
- Laser focus on results and outcomes, not just the process.
- Strong working knowledge of web development and eCommerce for an international company.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic development environment that is in transition.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, with focus on proactively removing program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
- Demonstrated leader throughout career.
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions.
- Strong influence, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate independently within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience with JIRA Agile.
- Positive ?Can Do? attitude.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving complex organizational, technical, and process problems.
Candidates Screening questions:
- How many years of Program Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Large experience do you have?
- How many years of Technical Program/Project Management. experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?