The role also oversees and coordinates the various phases of a product certification lifecycle for a suite of products, with increased responsibility for independent planning and management; works on jobs of very complex scope, and is involved throughout the planning, development, launch, and maintenance of certification programs. This function brings visibility to the milestones, dependencies, and status that comprise the program, and promotes continuous improvement through the evaluation and rollout of the use of best practices common among successful product compliance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Works with Product Managers, Architects, Engineering Program Managers, and Release Managers to build a comprehensive view of the multiple projects comprising product compliance, including driving a coordinated and efficient plan, defining program milestones, and communicating dependencies and risks associated with the projects.
- Reviews projects for activities, risks, and dependencies that are important, but not currently reported on, and provides insight to those areas to project stakeholders.
- Evangelizes program goals with stakeholders in light of their alignment with business priorities.
- Identifies Risks and Scope Changes; leads the team to develop mitigation strategies and facilitates stakeholder involvement in developing these mitigation strategies to minimize repercussions to the program schedule.
- Work towards becoming a subject matter professional for guidance and support on a range of product certification requirements such as ISO, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI, and others
- Recognizes productivity issues across the program; drives discussions to discover solutions to these productivity problems; initiates the implementation of the resulting solutions throughout the program; identifies and articulates the benefits derived from the application of productivity improvements.
- Manages program cost and expenses and ensures that program stays within budget.
- Significant experience in managing relationships with various functional roles and responsibilities within the company for the benefit of the program.
- Proven experience serving in a technical program management capacity handling multiple initiatives.
- Proven track record of success facilitating collaborative decision making and product compliance in workplace settings, sometimes involving managers and directors.
- Working knowledge of information security standards and product compliance.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to effectively present to large audiences throughout an organization.
- Experience in managing programs/activities that support two or more of the following product certifications: ISO, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI, and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or related field, or equivalent, related experience.
- At least one or more of the following designations: CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, GSNA, GCCC, or GSEC.
- 3+ years' work experience in information technology and product certification.
- 3+ years' in program management in the field of technology and product certification.
- Experience with ISO, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI, and other product compliance programs.
- Track record of success of on-time/on-budget program delivery required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Project Management / Agile tools, concepts and methodologies required.
- Experience using Atlassian application, specifically JIRA for tracking, user stories creation, and dashboard reporting.
- Experience in using program management tools such as MSFT Project, OMNI Plan, SmartSheet, and others.