Peterson Technologies is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead our team and support an expanding customer base with our mission essential operations.
The Technical Program Manager shall be responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract. Serves as the main point of contact for the CO, the COR, the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor's senior management. Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contact.
The PM shall utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents
- Work with the higher level program manager, if applicable, to provide effective and efficient management of the contractor's effort
- Allocate resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) on the contract
- Review and propose the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule) to the Government
- Review and approve all earned value, Estimate To Complete, Funds and Man-hour Expenditure Report, or other financial reports as appropriate
- Review risk and risk mitigation activities and allocate budgets for the same
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the Government PM
- Review and allocate management reserve within contractual limits
- Ensure the timely recruitment and training of program staff - both direct and indirect
- Review all financial and technical reports before release to the Government
- Ensure cross-discipline integration within the contract to meet Government needs
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract in coordination with the Contractor's contracts staff
- Assist the Government PM by providing input to statutory acquisition reports and responses to Congressional Questions for the Record (QFRs)
- Coordinate the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and value proposals to the Government PM
- Provide Contractor input to the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan reviews or Award Fee reviews, as appropriate
- Basic Qualifications:Ten (10) years of experience as a program or project manager in managing programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Shall have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Shall have at least one (l) year of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management.
- Shall be knowledgeable of the guidelines provided by the FAR and DFARS, DoD 5000 series, and ICD 801 policies.
- Direct experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multi-vendor environment is required.
- Must have a PMP, FAC-P/PM Mid-Level, or DAWIA Level2 certification in Program Management.
- Must hold an active DoD security clearance
- Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge and experience with a Ft. Meade customer
- Demonstrated technical knowledge to support a complex Cyber Security and Intrusion Network
Peterson Technologies will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability.
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.