Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. We are searching for a Technical Program Manager to partner deeply with Perception leads and engineers to gather requirements and develop roadmaps for domains such as: onboard perception system performance; offline training, evaluation, debugging tooling; new sensor specifications and integration.
This person will:
- Collaborate closely with other autonomy software and hardware teams, policy leads, operations, and triage specialists on technical matters to ensure the Perception team’s work is aligning to broader organizational development.
- Assess requirements for software systems, facilitate selection of the best options, and coordinate the team to successfully evolve tools and operational processes to achieve them.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Manage complex projects at a large scale, spanning many functional teams and cross-functional initiatives. Instill an efficient project management mindset and workflow across the team, and function as a go-to resource for project management mentorship
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities, and drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, Engineering Manager, or Engineer in an autonomous systems, robotics, or software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- A strong familiarity with robotics or computer vision systems and their architecture.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of groundbreaking products or delivery of significant and novel technology programs.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, software development lifecycle, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.