Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Machine learning (ML) is rapidly evolving and will allow Google to help revolutionize the healthcare space. We are starting to make clinical impact by assisting the clinical staff to be far more efficient and accurate. At the same time, ML is discovering completely novel ways of detecting diseases or health outcomes and is leading the next wave of breakthrough science.
A few healthcare focused teams within Google made up of a fast-moving group of engineers, designers, Program Managers, Business Development executives, clinicians and research scientists are working on developing diagnostic and clinical decision support tools. As a member of our team, you will play a vital role in rolling out products with critical partners to enable better healthcare delivery.
The role is a part of the Google Brain team based in Mountain View and involves strong coordination with other healthcare focused teams across Google. You will need to be comfortable charting a path in the medical domains and will represent Google with some of the top healthcare providers around the world.
There is always more information out there, and the Research and Machine Intelligence team has a never-ending quest to find it and make it accessible. We're constantly refining our signature search engine to provide better results, and developing offerings like Google Instant, Google Voice Search and Google Image Search to make it faster and more engaging. We're providing users around the world with great search results every day, but at Google, great just isn't good enough. We're just getting started.
- Engage and work hands-on with partner technical representatives to bridge their existing environments and solutions with Google Brain through Google Cloud. Develop proof-of-concepts allowing partners, together with Engineering to build solutions that accelerate deployments.
- Deliver “best-practice” advice to partners on optimizing data input pipelines and inference integration strategies by documenting partners’ enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructurerequired to successfully implement a complete solution
- Program manage the gathering, organizing and sharing of feedback to/from product/eng teams (e.g., coordinate on-site UX research, simulations, trials etc.) as well as partnerships/strategy teams (e.g. surface insights on how operational insights can influence legal/Go-to-Market tactics)
- Demonstrate thought leadership in partner engineering at this unique intersection between large quantities and complex structure of medical datasets to become a trusted advisor to partner stakeholders
- Travel to testbed site(s) starting at 50% onsite during the first 6 months and tapering down to 25% as deployment matures
- 5 years of experience in partner/customer facing role(s) in a healthcare setting and led partner integrations from proof of concept to deployments.
- Experienced in partner development.
- Experience working with senior-level engineers/researchers, PMs, program managers, clinician advisors, regulatory/quality, legal, UX, BD, privacy, policy, security and marketing to deliver new products in healthcare.
- Technical experience with solution architecture development and guidance by coordinating cross-functionally between internal product management/engineering and external partner teams.
- 5 years of partner/customer engineering and/or technical program management experience within or focused on healthcare or medical technology sector.
- Experience nurturing strategic partner relationships and engaging cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrable expertise in driving fast paced medical software/device development and integrations in regulated areas. Machine learning/biostatistics/analytics background.
- Ability to Initiate and drive partner engagement to forward product integrations and have the flexibility to develop and adapt to different relationships across various partner stakeholders (e.g. from executives, clinicians, BD, Legal, IT staff etc.).
- Strong strategic and entrepreneurial thinker. Excels with minimal guidance, comfortable with learning new domains and driving product direction in ambiguous environments.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.