Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud networking services. https://www.oracle.com/index.html
We are looking for a Cloud Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and the next generation of Oracle Cloud services. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing a set of projects and participation in both short and long term strategy planning. As a member of our highly collaborative and motivated team, you will work with business stakeholders, project managers, and technical staff to deliver effectively against commitments. Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in program management to help secure the next generation of Oracle Cloud capabilities Responsibilities:
Education / Experience:
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand use cases, document requirements, and perform business analysis.
- Apply project management discipline to develop plans, define scope, document requirements, and manage budget/schedule/resources for a complex group of projects.
- Develop and manage short and long term program roadmaps, prioritizing based on business need and IT capability.
- Own establishing and managing multiple project deliverables, communicating project and program vision and ensuring IT resources are aligned properly.
- Utilize both agile and waterfall methodologies, driving technical and functional teams to complete critical path actions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of organization and planning while communicating with stakeholders to reach timelines and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Independently identify risks, manage corrective action plans when budget or schedule deviations occur, and escalate / communicate project health to senior leadership.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations, directing changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Actively partner with Cloud teams to ensure appropriate processes and templates are utilized for project and program success.
- Look for process definition and improvement opportunities and lead others in adhering to existing IT processes and contributing to their improvement.
- Serve as the technical advisor for the product line for the end-to-end life cycle of the product. Ensure operations technical readiness for all phases of the introduction cycle
- Ensure technical risks associated with a product are identified and closed or mitigated to enable the quality ramp of a product.
- Ensure service teams meet the operational bar while continuing to raise the bar for the organization
- Communicate updates and justification for changes to requirements to Service teams
- Serve as technical lead in resolving complex issues during bring-up and life of product with a focus on the operational side
- Experience ensuring operational technical readiness for all phases of the product cycle
- Ability to explain your team's analyses and recommendations to leadership while discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers and product managers
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with at least with 3+ years of experience supporting development and/or operations in a cloud environment
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking capabilities.
- Outstanding proactive communication skills: written, verbal, presentations.
- Ability to effectively train/teach others new information and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills to establish and maintain internal and external partnerships globally
- Self-driven, analytical, and results oriented with proven sound judgment.
- Positive influence to lead through frequent ambiguity / uncertainty / change.
- Business savvy including the ability to see and convey the big picture.
- Knowledge and application of business process analysis methodologies is a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Previous Network Operations, Business Analysis, Systems Administration, Tech support, QA, and/or Software Development experience a plus
- DevOps experience preferred
- PMI or SCRUM Master Certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office / Atlassian tools (JIRA / Confluence).
- Understanding of understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.