- 10 years of data center, manufacturing/supply chain, or related industry experience.
- 8 years of experience in product design, new product introduction and in product/manufacturing engineering, manufacturing test of compute, storage or networking equipment.
- Experience with practices in a related industry, including design processes, procurement, and work package planning.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
About the job
- Master's or PhD degree in engineering or physics, or equivalent technical field.
- Professional certification (PMP, RA, PE, PEng, CCM, other, etc).
- Experience in a data center/mission critical facility with standard design and construction practices
- Understanding of, or experience with high-volume equipment manufacturing.
The Google Data Center (GDC) Advanced Technology Development team, is partnering with various key stakeholders across Google to build safe, cutting edge, cost effective data centers with improved speed to deploy to market. The Advanced Technology Development team is a differentiator for Google Data Centers (GDC). Our ability to deliver capacity fast to customers in new and emerging markets is critical for our ability to become a top player in the Cloud market. As such, we expect this area to continue its aggressive growth over the next few years.
As a New Product Introduction Technical Program Manager, you'll lead the physical exploration, development, sampling, pilot, launch, and growth of new Data Center Infrastructure systems, both proprietary and outsourced. Through the end-to-end product lifecycle process on schedule and at budget, sustaining product design and reliability targets across all existing and new global sites with a focus on environmental sustainability and cost-effectiveness.
As a critical and dynamic part of the Advanced Technology Innovation team, you will influence development of an innovative data center roadmap based on system lifecycle leadership, associated technology market growth, internal customer demand, and hardware efficiency. You will inspire innovation in the data centers through your technical aptitude that help to keep the world's internet humming 24/7, delivering results that will have a major impact on the current and future success of Google.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible. Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a successful NPI program and launch to meet Google's existing and future business goals and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally in close partnership with leadership from internal teams to inform the strategy and implementation of a unified master plan for how to introduce new hardware.
- Lead NPI efforts and ensure alignment across functional product areas and ultimately, an integrated program technical roadmap to ensure excellence is delivered and executed.
- Ensure the alignment of product and business goals by developing and driving project plans, managing cross-functional teams, and coordinating activities within the established project timelines.