The Technical Program Manager, PMO Technology Portfolio position will be responsible for ensuring the overall success of all assigned technology programs and projects in an Agile environment. The position is responsible for coordinating with cross functional stakeholders in the development and execution of technology program and/or project timelines, applying Scrum methodologies, service standards, risk management and problem resolution. Function as the single point of contact for key technology programs. This position will require in-direct people management and strong leadership skills.Job Description:
Role and Responsibility
- Develop & maintain collaborative relationships with business & technology stakeholders including Product Managers, Architects, Development Managers, QA & Testing, Development Operations, Client Delivery Program Managers as appropriate to establish priorities and provide ongoing updates.
- Manage processes, systems, tools and organizational resources to initiate, plan, control, execute and close projects and programs associated with technology development & implementation.
- Assures that all projects are traceable to objectives, sufficient to achieve the objectives and are within the capacity of the organization. Maintains resource loading analysis to assure adequate project and program staffing.
- Utilizes key business skills to guide project leadership and team members in achieving the stated business objectives.
- Creates clear agreement as to services and service levels to be delivered to all stakeholders including identifying & documenting acceptance criteria, anticipated benefits and success metrics.
- Leads the program and project managers to ensure definition of program objectives, development and management of detailed work plans and deliverables, issue and risk identification and mitigation, end to end quality of delivery, coordination across key stakeholders and achieving cost, scope, delivered value and timeline objectives.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates & supervises technical project teams to ensure achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the program or project.
- Implements a consistent and standardized project and program management process or processes depending on the needs of different types of projects and/or programs
- Creates and maintains the reporting mechanisms that show the overall health of the technology project portfolio and clearly show program and project status, issues and action item tracking.
- Accountable for all timelines and effective resource deployment
- Overall responsibility for operational aspects of the team including planning, budgeting and day to day productivity management and communication.
- Implements processes and tools that provide clear information for stakeholder decisions
- Induces proactive issue and risk management strategies to ensure early identification and effective communication to the Senior Leadership team.
- Manage program risks, facilitate identification of risk mitigation strategies and drive issue resolution
- Works with other leaders to institute process improvements for PMO processes
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor's degree and typically requires 10 or more years of experience and at least 5 years of management responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of the project management field with advanced leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, motivate and direct project management personnel.
- Extensive experience in Technology & Client Delivery responsibilities and methodologies
- Previous experience with project management best practices.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Develops and executes work plans for strategic process redesign and performance improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodology.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in a corporate PMO, management consulting, technology product management, or similar positions at a large company.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple large complex and cross functional development programs to deliver technical solutions across multiple project teams and organizational units that meet agreed upon business objectives and performance metrics.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development, professional services, solution engineering, technical consulting; with expertise in architecting and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives in the business technology market in SaaS, Cloud Computing and/or emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Deep knowledge of program & project management process, management software tools, templates and techniques.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project managers and/or senior project managers at one time.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to convert technical insights into simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is understandable.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise wide.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycles including agile development methodology such as Scrum, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification.
- Agile Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred