Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways toshare what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think abouttechnology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates thatshare our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role withininfrastructureengineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels ofexperience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevantexperience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook'sinfrastructureis constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of software engineering, systems engineering and project/program management experience.
- Ability or willingness to work at scale, and with 24x7 production operations
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code