The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality’s potential to connect the world is immense—and we’re just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
We are currently seeking an experienced technical program manager for the Human Understanding organization. Human Understanding is tasked with building next generation technology and experiences centered around Virtual Humans, self-presence and social presence achieved through tracking, capturing & reconstruction of faces, eyes, hands, body. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features. You will lead execution on all phases of the product and technology development lifecycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
The right candidate thrives in a cross-functional environment as the teamwork closelycollaborating with Research, Hardware, Firmware and Software teams in multiple geographiclocations. This position involvesworking with early technology paths, with a focus on execution and working collaboratively to manage system maturation/risk, while providing clear and effective communication across the team.
- Partner with engineering management to help with overall technology and product development.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs
- Manage communication within and between software, hardware, and computer vision teams
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional product development environment.
- Hardware/Software integration experience in a consumer electronics environment.
- An understanding of product development processes and best practices
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams
- Up to 20% travel