We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) with hardware and systems development experience. TPMs at Facebook navigate loosely defined problem spaces and turn them into well-structured programs while being cross-functional relationship builders. They do it by seeing the big picture, finding connections where none exist, quickly building rapport across multidisciplinary teams, identifying and executing on a common goal to support Facebook’s infrastructure. Facebook's Infrastructure organization is responsible for the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of all Facebook's products and services. This is a full-time position and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.Technical Program Manager, Hardware Reliability and Analytics Responsibilities
- Create a programmatic framework for developing telemetry solutions for various hardware use cases like RAS, performance benchmarking, power profiling etc.
- Champion and drive telemetry solutions across identified products and use-cases.
- Create and drive programs to improve for hardware life expectancy across compute, storage and networking solutions at component, platform, system and cluster levels.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Hardware Systems, Operations Engineering, Production Release Engineering, Datacenter, Infrastructure Software Engineering, Vendors etc.).
- Lead requirements elicitation for solutions to new problem sets, identify improvements to components across hardware/firmware/software.
- Champion strategy definition, planning, execution, risk management and communication on programs.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering owners to define product roadmaps.
- Able to bootstrap new organization wide initiatives and programs.
- Influence partners and build consensus to drive execution.
- Provide hands on program management with internal teams and vendors.
- Able to understand the priorities and differences in running hardware/systems programs in a social experiences company.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of hardware engineering, systems engineering, software development, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience working with technical teams to shape technical strategies, develop systems/solutions, execute on programs and driving adoption for solutions.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with a broad focus on hardware and systems that run in large production environments.
- Proven experience building productive relationships with partners and leadership across the organization.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware components like CPU (x86, ARM), memory etc.
- Software infrastructure development and migration of tools and services to monitor hardware.
- Experience in telemetry for hardware RAS, power etc.
- Experience in cloud hardware reliability.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Experience working with vendors, OEMs and ODMs.
- Software development experience.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.