As a Firmware Technical Program Manager at Facebook Reality Labs, you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development cycle to develop our innovative augmented reality systems. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage program schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders. We look for technical program managers who have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced environment.Technical Program Manager, Firmware Responsibilities
- Partner with software and electrical hardware engineering teams, enabling the definition and execution of hardware products.
- Develop schedules, identify critical paths and bottlenecks, and maintain execution from product definition through mass production ramp.
- Manage communication within and between internal engineering and external teams.
- Effectively communicate program statuses, identify potential risks and setbacks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly changing and dynamic environment to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage delivery of hardware for the development builds and ensure qualification to meet mass production timelines.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables, including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current, and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 10% travel.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering experience.
- 3+ years experience working as a software development program manager for consumer electronics.
- 2+ years experience working on hardware projects.
- Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems, experience with RTOS embedded system challenges.
- Experience with electrical system development, test validation, and characterization processes.
- Experience using agile methodology.
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects.