- Defines and executes the overall approach and strategy for delivering multi-release and multi-yeartechnology delivery programs.
- Manages the full project management life cycle and software development life cycle for the implementation of highly complex, large scale, strategic technology delivery initiatives across CareFirst FEP technology products and services.
- Leads the program and project staff and ensures the impacts and interdependencies between technology products and programs are identified and managed while ensuring initiatives meet the goals and objectives..
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding program issues, risks; status, direction, and recommendations for improvements to senior management at CareFirst FEP.
- Manages allocation of resources within the program(s) to meet work fluctuations and budget and time constraints in the delivery process.
Proactively identifies risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans for all identified Risks. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log.
- Works closely with the FEP Director to align, prioritize, and manage all change requests and projects associated with assigned technology product to ensure alignment to the Product roadmap.
Technology Product Development
Directly accountable for the development of specific FEP technology products in support of all SOWs and projects, as well as, being responsible for the end to end delivery of assigned initiatives. Product development will include the documentation of future state requirements, , development and selling of a Product technology vision/roadmap for the future, and aligning stakeholders on the path ahead. Roadmap development will require bringing industry best practice and appropriate new technology to the organization acquired through attending industry events including conferences, etc.
Manage large-scale start-up for a new technology product or program creating and executing an organization and staffing plan; securing facilities; defining development methodologies; managing multiple customers and vendors; and ensuring the program’s success.
Works closely with customers and senior management to align, prioritize, and manage all and projects and releases associated with assigned technology product to ensure alignment to the Product roadmap.
Integrated Project Management:
- Manages an integrated delivery plan across all CareFirst FEP technology products and services; infrastructure support teams; vendors; and external customers targeted at a specific implementation date.
- Exercises judgment based on broad experience to recognize and escalate risks before they become an issue and risk to the project delivery schedule.
- Evaluates complex situations accurately and identifies viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
- Resolves political, customer, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the program.
Supervises team of developers (all levels); provides performance feedback and goal-setting; conducts annual performance assessments.
Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with FEP leadership, FEP project managers, business owners, and customers.
Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in SDLC project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members work.
Manage Vendor relations and procurement related to the projects
Supervises and leads a team of direct and indirect reports consisting of:
Direct Reports: 6+ Developers and architects (associates and contractors) Indirect reports: 3+ Project and Technical Project managers, SIT testers, Business and Systems Analysts in a matrix model/Agile environment.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. 8+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
Out of the 8years required, at least 5 years in a combination of the following:
- Progressive broad-based information systems Team Lead experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing struc¬tures.
- Experience in Program Management and execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, with working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle. This will be built on a track record of implementing business solutions in core critical technologies in use at CareFirst FEP in roles from developer through technical lead.
Master’s degree in Business or Technology related field. Prior Health insurance industry exposure; specific experience with successful large-scale Program Management within a cross functional environment.
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s business practices and direction, busi¬ness principles, and business processes, plus familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
- Exceptional program management skills and project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain busi¬ness success.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job ID: 10858-1A