If you are a Technical Program Manager who has the fundamental capabilities with respect to planning, organizing, communicating and problem solving then we would like to talk to you. We are looking for someone who also brings unique skills in leadership, analysis, critical thinking, conflict management and risk management.
The focus of the assigned projects is on innovating, developing and delivering new products in alignment with the Product Technology Group (PTG) product portfolio.
A Technical Program Manager at F5 will be responsible for the development of a project plan and for monitoring the execution of the project per scope, schedule and budget.They should be able to handle multiple simultaneous projects that are complex or high-risk and be able to develop recovery strategies for projects that stray from their plan. They are able to manage the collection of product requirements in a holistic manner and aims to meet project goals with both quality and integrity.
The unique benefit you will bring is the reduction of risk through better analysis, decision-making, planning and monitoring of the project or program.
- Design, build and maintain the project plan including scope, schedule, budget and risk management;
- Lead the gathering of product requirements and project scope in a holistic manner across multiple teams or business functions;
- Monitor progress to plan and design a recovery strategy if project deviates from baseline plan;
- Assemble and publish effective status reports able to serve a variety of audiences from project team member to Executive;
- Design and deliver Executive-level presentations to support the governance process for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM);
- Design and run effective program-level meetings to communicate status and coordinate efforts;
- Conduct retrospectives on completed projects to support process, policy and tool-set improvements;
- Collaborate with peers, managers and team members across the organization to solve problems, develop plans and coordinate work;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executive;
- Ability to develop a project schedule using work-breakdown techniques that lead to a defined critical path;
- Ability to design and document a project charter that includes scope, schedule, budget and risk management plan;
- Able to apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions, build resource forecasts or manage risk;
- Ability to use either Waterfall or Agile methods to handle projects which may comprise both software and hardware;
- Ability to lead the gathering of product requirements and project scope across a multi-function team;
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program;
- Ability to manage and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals;
- Strong working knowledge of technology companies or domains and the interplay between Marketing, Product Development, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Sales and Professional Services;
- Expertise in the use of standard tools for project and portfolio management such as MS Project/MS Project Server;
- Desiredexperience with CA PPM
- Excellent skill at using MS Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Word.
- Duties may require being “on call” periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
- BSEE, BSCS or other Engineering Technology collegiate degree;
- Desired PMP certification with accompanying experience managing projects to a successful conclusion;
- DesiredAgilescrummaster certification;
- Experience managing a geo-dispersed project team;
- Experience working in a concurrent software development environment as part of a complex build and merge management process;
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience (6+ years with Master’s Degree) managing projects at technology-based companies or technical domains;
- Technology product development experience is highly desired.