ExpediaAre you passionate about the power of data and the technology that drives it? Are you an experienced Agile professional? Do you want to shape how we drive our business? Do you love travel? Then we are looking for you!
We are redefining the finance strategy to build an automated, intelligent platform, and we need smart, strategic thinkers who are exceptional implementers. Our e-Commerce Platform (eCP) Business Intelligence (BI) team builds and supports business intelligence products that provide leaders with easy access to financial data and generates insights at their fingertips. Our goal is to unleash financial insights to empower leaders across Expedia Group (EG) to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and drive EG growth.
The eCP BI team is in search of a hardworking and highly motivated Technical Program Manager who can guide a team of engineers and reporting analysts to build high quality BI solutions that delight our customers, as well as partner with business and product management to drive theroadmap and strategy for our team. As someone who loves to look beyond the status quo, you will be in tune with team dynamics and constantly work to improve your team. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely withproduct, engineers, analysts, and business partners to distill product ideas down into shippable feature sets and user stories.
What you'll do:
- You will lead projects from inception to close, with superb planning and communication skills to establish timelines, prioritize work, and manage partner expectations.
- You will facilitate productive discussions to establish requirements and consider design alternatives with multi-functional teams.
- You will write, groom, and prioritize user stories and clearly document requirements with a solid business understanding and strong attention to detail
- You will lead all scrum team activities and manage related artifacts.
- You will drive process efficiency and on-time completion of roadmap items.
- You will guide delivery team to execute on defined requirements, remove blocking issues from day-to-day operations of theteam, and identify and communicate risks
- You will define and drive testing across all impacted teams, including coordination of User Acceptance Testing
- You will be responsible for product release planning and release notes
Who you are:
- 5+ years in product or program management; preferably in a web/e-commerce environment
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Agile Certified Professional and/or Certified Scrum Master
- Understanding and experience with relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, data mining, and ETL techniques todeliver BI solutions; preferably Microsoft BI stack background.
- Strong analytical skills, experience utilizing SQL and Tableau preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated record driving key initiatives and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Passionate to make things better at every opportunity
- Proficiency with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence