Products and TechnologyJob Details
Trust is the #1 company value at Salesforce. Are you the type of person that seeks out roadblocks or tough organizational issues and views those as an opportunity? Do you think of creative solutions to complex problems and solve them? Are you looking for a role where you can own a portfolio of technology security initiatives, lead, and deliver critical projects like pen test remediation, bug remediation, engineering development, and detection and response? Do you enjoy creating light processes to make everyone's life easier and bring order into chaos? Are you passionate about security and understand that there is always more than need to be done than available resources? Does the idea of constantly changing, high impact work excite you? Have you solved thorny problems where others have failed? Have you been effective without a deep technical background because you can ask the right questions on highly technical topics so work gets done? Would you love to work with some of the world's top security talent? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a highly skilled multi-faceted senior program manager for our Enterprise Security team with proven experience managing complex technology programs spanning IT, infrastructure, data centers and information security. Our Our Enterprise Security team is responsible for assuring the security of the tools, vendors and services Salesforce needs to run our business through regular assessments, guidance, adherence to policy and driving remediation. We're looking for a strong TPM to own define, grow and mature aspects of this program. Your communication, data analysis, program & project management, and ability to successfully execute in a matrix environment will ensure your success in this capacity.
If so, we want to hear from you!
TOP REASONS TO JOIN THE TEAM:
Executive leadership strongly supports security as a key component of delivering on our promise of trust. There is significant potential for your visibility, your ability to drive continuous improvement, and your impact on the company This role is critical to continuing to develop and grow the value proposition for the Enterprise Security program. Some aspects of the program are relatively mature but there is need for a strong PM to help grow and mature our processes and capabilities in other pillars. Your key partners in Security Assurance are super smart and ingenious We enjoy working with strong technical program managers and helping bring ideas to fruition You are treated as a critical member of the team, a valued resource with valued opinions, and supported in your work by all levels of management We are a transparent organization, where we care about open communication and foster the health of relationships You are joining a World-Class Technology & Product organization where you will have the opportunity to learn from and influence many smart people You will have the opportunity to learn about new security challenges, compliance, and privacy laws as you get to weave these into how Salesforce thinks about security
- Understand customer business outcomes , assess and evolve program and processes to deliver outcomes efficiently and ensure the security of Salesforce tools and 3rd party services.
- Drive accountability, visibility, and consistency within the Entsec pillars.
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
- Work with multiple delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery for security tools and processes.
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology, functional leaders, and stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding resources accountable for their responsibilities within the program
- Utilize best of breed external and internal tools, and an agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promote continuous improvement
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward
- Provide "go to" leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire Technology & Products organization. Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing constructive feedback
- Monitor and resolve end-to-end process for things like: repetitive pain points/sticking points, blockers
- Build plans and mitigations to address pain points to ensure the alacrity of the cloud and/or program
- 5+ years of experience in software security, preferably in a security assurance role at large enterprise, supporting large highly complex security products and programs
- Very strong Program Management experience with building out a program from scratch: from concept/inception to defining requirements to achieving buy-in from entrenched stakeholders to feature development to tracking program development milestones to execution to iteration
- Driven / Assertive /Self Motivated with a history of successful project execution
- Solid understanding of enterprise infrastructure, web application security and software architecture fundamentals.
- Experience in addressing a problem with a "consulting" approach, i.e.: hit the ground running, assessing current state, executing on a fresh perspective.
- Past experience driving assessment of vendors, third-party services, and products.
- Deep technical knowledge in one or more of the following: security, security architecture, cloud architecture, product security, or detection and response
- Track record of successfully building alliances with teams and individuals in a matrixed environment
- Experience in framing, establishing and implementing large-scale (enterprise-level) initiatives
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Outstanding detail-oriented organizational skills, with a strong individual process to follow-up on the smallest items to ensure nothing falls through the cracks
- Ability to be flexible with a positive attitude and learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Substantial emotional intelligence - can balance the needs of the company and read a situation to understand when to forcefully push something, or give it some space
- Strong influencing skills with an ability to motivate and drive others to succeed
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements, capture and summarize key points, and communicate them at levels appropriate to your audience
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple geographically distributed technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and security
- Concise written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in influencing executives to drive decisions
- Information Systems, Computer Science Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development and infrastructure processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile or similar methodologies
- Past experience driving and managing full lifecycle projects.
- 3+ years of hands on security experience in working with cloud / online services
- CISM and/or CISSP certification
- Agile/Lean certified
- Experience with creating detailed reporting and dashboards
- Seasoned professional in corporate communications, presentation, and risk awareness
- Experience in driving key information security, compliance and other regulatory requirements internally and externally
- Information Systems Or Computer Science Masters Degree OR equivalent industry experience