You will be responsible to drive the Design, Development, Release, Validation and Launch Execution for Electrical Systems of new vehicle lines. You’ll collate and ensure awareness of overall departmental program deliverable status and balance cost & delivery.
- Work closely with all aspects of the electrical team (systems/integration/design) to build out the master development and integration schedule; drive this development and integration cycle throughout the vehicle line.
- Work closely with the electrical architecture and component design teams to drive electrical development throughout the v-cycle.
- Work with the Vehicle Line to translate corporate strategy and vehicle program milestones into detailed product/feature roadmaps aligned with development timing
- Work with the vehicle line and other teams to drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and push integration to the vehicle via design reviews including driving solutions for integration issues, ensuring all pre series builds are supported to effectively launch the vehicle
- Ensure the management of the functional vehicle engineering budget and operate a clear Risk and Opportunities capture approach.
- Generate meaningful development metrics and responsible for program deliverables status at weekly reviews and collation of departmental status for program gateways.
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover
- Work in close proximity to the Vehicle Line cascading status/issues/and critical paths bidirectionally to an indirect team
- 6+ years experience on a program team or equivalent experience
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Integration and launch experience on a vehicle or highly complex electromechanical system.
- High communication ability in technical and nontechnical domains
- Product Release Experience, Commercial Acumen, Automotive Quality processes
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical/software systems.
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.