Technical Program Manager – Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our headquarters in Buffalo, NY, Arlington, VA, or one of our U.S. regional offices.
This position is responsible for representing the company in the area of project delivery initiatives for a U.S. Department of Defense related project that crosses Information Technology (IT), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and Military Planning disciplines.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the management and delivery of a web-based enterprise solution.
- Oversee an IT military planning development and deployment project covering multiple military departments within the US Department of Defense (DOD) and multiple military installations within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS)
- Oversee entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) of the web-based enterprise solution
- Coordinate software best practices including source control, version control, and change control
- Manage internal project deadlines, track budget and percent completion of tasks, and work with deputy and task mangers to assign tasks to keep a balanced workload and the project on schedule
- Interact professionally with the client supporting the Program Director by providing updates, presentations, and coordination
- Possible travel to any or all CONUS and OCONUS DOD installations involved in the project
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals to accomplish project requirements
- Manage project budgets, scopes of work and schedules involving IT and GIS work
- Assist in company business development efforts involving marketing new work in this program area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience with program or project management of an IT planning, development, and deployment effort (>$3 million)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods specific for software development
- Experience with consulting and client relationship management
- Strong project management, organizational, leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with managers, staff, team partners, and government agencies
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies, and their relevance to the marketplace
- Strong data interpretation, report and proposal writing skills
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change
- Experience with military planning projects and military data preferred
- Ability to travel to support business needs