The Technical Program Manager will have advanced experience in JIRA or equivalent task management systems and drive several workstreams concurrently. The candidate will be proficient in organization and requirements management and work across disciplines.
All technical program managers are expected to exhibit and promote a high degree of excellence in the following areas:
- Organize sprints and scrum teams.
- Own and maintain a product backlog, including story-writing and tasking.
- Proficient in successful Agile processes.
- Navigate JIRA workflows.
- Create, curate and maintain dashboards with overall workstream.
- Identify project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships and provide solution proposals and status.
- Manage the timeline for product development, ensuring it stays on track, and clearly reporting status and issues
- Analyze and act on feedback from user and developer communities
- Define and track product success metrics.
- Bridge business and technical needs, articulate opportunities and solutions.
- Experience working collaboratively in industry consortia or complex open-source projects.
- Experience in collaborative decision making across multiple teams, tight deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues from diverse functional expertise, different organization levels, and multiple geographic locations
- Strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative in entrepreneurial ventures
- Experience with JIRA is a plus but not essential
- Demonstrated experience in building platforms vs one-off solutions
- Nurture and maintain effective relationships across disciplines, geographic locations and companies.
- Write clearly and effectively for partners, stakeholders and executives.
- Communicate easily from business, technical and customer perspectives.
- Present effectively to senior audiences, adjusting to audience reactions and feedback.
- Demonstrates good presence and ability to converge a discussion to a conclusion
- Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in professionalism, responsibility, and being proactive.
- Ability to work independently and the confidence to question where necessary.
- Enjoy being part of a team of motivated, collaborative, high-achievers.
- Experience with technology evangelism a plus
- 8+ years software product management experience with a Bachelor's Degree, OR
- 5+ years software industry experience with a Master's Degree in a technical field or MBA
- Minimum of 3 years with Scrum and/or Kanban. Certified Product Owner is even better.