Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You will take on many diverse and complex projects in the Privacy and Ads space. We manage the GDPR project across all Ads and Commerce. Our work deals with risk detection and assessment, management and prevention. We work on risk remediation and user transparency tools, which requires building application all the way from front-end UI to back-end server processes and data store. On top of all of these, we own the largest privacy review program to ensure that all Display Ads launches are privacy friendly and have implemented mitigation controls for areas where there are privacy risks.
You will be a part of an engineering, program manager, privacy engineering and product group that wants to make privacy reliable and easy in Display Ads. You will also help us successfully deliver the program.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure compliance with Google policies, laws and regulations relating to privacy and international data transfers, including GDPR and Privacy Shield.
- Present challenges tailored to different audiences (e.g., assessment may be debated with folks in various level of product/privacy knowledge as well as executives).
- Improve and automate processes. Collaborate with engineering on in house built tools.
- Assist in responding to inquiries from product and business groups across the company regarding privacy and security requirements applicable to their activities.
- Work with cross-functional teams within Google on compliance activities related to privacy, security, data protection, and data retention.
- 5 years of experience with Display Ads, Google Analytics search ads.
- 5 years of program management experience in large organizations with cross-functional highly specialized teams
- 2 years of experience in analyzing product and engineering documents with the objective of finding vulnerabilities
- Experience in privacy, security, or compliance, and with privacy principles and relevant technologies.
- CIPP or other privacy certification
- Experience with ads business.
- Experience and working with Engineering, product, legal and other stakeholders.