About the role:
The primary function of the Technical Program Manager role is to organize, coordinate, communicate and deliver on critical product, strategic, and business-critical programs by working cross-functionally across teams to cascade higher level goals into first, then next steps. Success in this role hinges on effective, empathic communication.
- Build trusting relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Guide teams through refining requirements and setting program, and sprint-level scope
- Proactively manage project milestones and timelines
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies & hand-offs
- Conduct efficient and effective meetings - keeping things concise and on point
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicate progress effectively to all relevant stakeholders including execs, product managers, and engineering leads
- Be a proactive problem-solver helping teams to side-step blockers, foresee issues before they arise, and limit predictable issues.
- Align with other parallel programs - help to prioritize and overcome resource contention
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
- 3+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company, including direct management and delivery of large, technically complex product development programs
- Superior communications skills: interpersonal, written, and presentation
- Superior organizational skills: notes, formal documentation, task assignment
- Proven ability to understand and breakdown complex, multifaceted programs and projects into manageable pieces, organize cross-functionally and drive execution
- Comfortable with ambiguity and starting from "scratch"
At DeepMap, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status. DeepMap will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. We will also consider qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please let us know and we will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.