Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
As a Data Center Deployments Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing deployment programs while working with partner groups to create achievable plans. Your objective will be to organize the overall team, establish clear roles and responsibilities, and create a high-level workflow plan while developing and managing schedules. Among your many attributes you have a technical background in infrastructure, capacity planning, servers, networks, and experience with data center operations.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage and nurture relationships between cross-functional teams.
- Deliver effective execution of large, multi-project programs.
- Define and develop cross-team roles, expectations and responsibilities.
- Drive process development and iterative optimizations.
- Create and maintain masterschedules, budgets, BoMs, etc.
- BS degree in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of large scale project managementexperience.
- MS or PhD in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a related technical field.
- Experience within a complex organizational settings (e.g. PMO, geographic dispersion, etc).
- Background in Data Center operations.