Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
The Customer Support Apps team designs, develops, deploys and supports in-house and third-party contact center applications for Alphabet businesses providing sales and support. As a member of this team, you will play a major role to ensure smooth contact center operations by responding to issues, recommend system improvements and collaborate with a global team of engineers to implement improvements and mitigate issues.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Participate in oncall rotation. Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Lead and participate in incident postmortems and make recommendations to increase resiliency, ensure system compliance, and configuration standardization.
- Collaborate with Alphabet engineering teams including telecom, network, security, hardware, and data center teams, and external suppliers and carriers to resolve incidents and inform service improvements.
- Supervise on-and off-shore vendors including SOW and PO creation, renewal and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Networking, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experiencesupporting global infrastructure
- Experience running services, including requirements and capacity analysis, service configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting, and change management.
- Experience with telecom networking protocols including TCP/IP, SIP and RTP.
- 5 years of experience in operating a telecom networking environment with an emphasis on voice communications.
- Experience in incident response and problem management at a global scale
- Fluency in one scripting/coding language