Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Googlers around the world rely on the stability and security of our internal corporate platforms in order to get their jobs done. In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage various high-impact, cross-platform (i.e. Linux, Mac OS, Windows and Chrome OS) projects within our Corporate Platforms team.
You will demonstrate the ability to provide matrix leadership across functional teams, lead complex projects to successful completion, evaluate data, and understand complex technical topics. You will be involved in all phases of the projects, including requirements gathering, planning, design, deployment and through full integration. You have a combination of strong technical competency and the ability to lead and influence across functional groups.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Plan and prioritize implementation tasks for continuous software and feature releases.
- Monitor quality of releases and interim development, triage and assign issues; coordinate fixes for release branches and publish releases.
- Monitor incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
- Communicate schedules, priorities and status to all levels in the company and open source community.
- Play a key role in the advancement of strategy, policy and supporting tools for operations. Work with partner teams to launch key features and projects on time.
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience shipping consumer desktop products or OS systems in Windows, Unix/Linux or Mac OS.
- MBA degree.
- 6 years of relevant work experience.
- 3 years of experience in the industry.
- Experience in managing highly-complex, technically-challenging projects, with engineering, scripting, and data analysis skills. Self-sufficient data analyst and technologist.
- Effective communication, organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills.