Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
We are working towards network lifecycle automation. The goal is to make deployments with provisioning requiring zero touch and monitoring completely proactive and predictive as well as expose APIs that can be used to extract new value from the network by third-party applications and network service developers. As Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will work with Network Engineer teams as well as work with partner teams to make this happen. You will work with partner software development teams so that you get the right tools that you can use for highly scalable network lifecycle automation (i.e. design, acquisition, deploy, manage inventory, etc.). The problem space includes driving and defining metadata for the tools and taking metrics from many points along the plan-design-build-operate pipeline and feeding them back into that pipeline to increase efficiency and quality. In addition, you will also need to get existing manual workflows and siloed data sources that supports them, and drive re-engineering of those workflows to be automation centric.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide end-to-end technical program management for enterprise network engineering teams comprised of network and software engineers
- Define team strategy and roadmap, and provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycle
- Work with partner software development teams for getting these tools developed as well as and re-use open source or common Google systems wherever possible to accelerate execution
- Collaborate with senior leadership on a regular basis
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: software project management, portfolio management, work in technical infrastructure and operations planning, product management, launching internet software/services or work on large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with networkarchitecture, management, troubleshooting and operation of enterprise networks.
- Experience with TCP/IP fundamentals and commonly-used network protocols (MPLS, IPv6, Multicast, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS). CCNA/JNCIA.
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in electrical engineering or computer science.
- 10 years of relevant hands-on technical management experience of software developers, systems administrators/architects, as well as, a record of individual technical achievement.
- Network Automation experience in development framework, network platform, software testing and in scriptinglanguages such as Python.
- Experience or a mindset around software-based automation and large data analytics.