We’re looking for a Sr. Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. You will be responsible for managing a team of TPMs (Technical Program Managers) who will oversee the execution and success of multiple programs that are critical to Coinbase’s product strategy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help define the team charter as we build the program management function at Coinbase
- Hire, mentor and develop TPMs to have a positive impact on the organization and help them chart a fulfilling career path
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and fulfill opportunities in which TPM can drive product excellence, scale and efficiency throughout Coinbase
- Ensure your team is allocated to the most strategic business needs at the company by understanding the Company’s Product and Engineering strategy
- Introduce best practices in tooling, automation, and process improvements.
- Individually oversee critical and sensitive programs that are highly technical & cross functional when needed
- Coach your team to define program plans, success criteria, and then execute against the objectives
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Monitor your team’s program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point and risk mitigator for your team by resolving blockers.
- Build and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders in a remote environment (ie Data Science, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering etc)
- You lead by example and can coach others to facilitate challenging discussions, present to stakeholders of all levels and craft written communication
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years of managerial experience overseeing relevant engineering and / or technical program management teams at a technology company
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously and resolve conflicts by navigating across the organization
Nice to haves:
- Certifications in Program Management or Project Management.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Experience with Payments, Financial Services, Regulatory or Compliance initiatives
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Tableau, SQL