- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in cloud computing or related technical fields.
- 2 years of experience in software program management and/or engineering management.
About the job
- Experience with infrastructure management systems.
- Experience in a product management or similar role.
- Experience managing cross-functional programs spanning a diverse set of stakeholders and executive level business/technical communication.
- Ability to use technical acumen, with an understanding of large scale distributed systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You'll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Through shared technology, cross-team projects, and reliable execution practices, we are trying to improve the way foundational services are deployed across all capacity at Google, including Cloud. We aim to build a testable, repeatable, and reliable infrastructure that results in faster, simpler, and failure resistant logical service deployment actuation. Our priority is delivering capacity for Google production, and we align our efforts and systems in support of that.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems. Responsibilities
- Design and lead the efforts of complex programs and identify and implement process improvements while also generating ideas to solve problems and be prepared and able to take full ownership for the solution.
- Exercise both business and technical judgment and understanding to drive short and long-term objectives and work closely with cross-functional teams to drive feature lists, roadmaps, and adoption of products.
- Define, ensure adoption for, and track clear and measurable objectives and key results and continually reassess priorities at task, milestone, project, and program levels.
- Provide excellence in communications, including strong presentation skills and the ability to represent status from business, product, and technical perspectives.
- Regularly exercise technical judgment. You will have no shortage of technical engagements to choose from, and opportunities to contribute technically.