Technical Program Manager, Cloud Engineering Productivity
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You will unleash your significant talents for program management, mobilizing cross-functional teams, delivering solutions for scale and data-driven decision making to refine, launch and deploy solutions that improve our Cloud/Technical Infrastructure Engineering teams' productivity and drive release velocity improvements across Cloud. These, in turn, drive our success in the cloud. Your passion, technical and business depth, and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills will inspire our teams and rapidly establish trust amongst a diverse set of stakeholders and customers.
Cloud Engineering Productivity (EngProd) is engaged with all Cloud/Technical Infrastructure (TI) products and services, and this position will provide you access and engagement across all Cloud and TI teams: Compute, Storage, Network, Services, and other. Furthermore, you'll be part of building tools and system that are critical to the delivery of products across Cloud/TI and Google.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope. Use technical judgment to build consensus, drive projects’ schedule, plans, execution and communicate status to the stakeholders.
- Collaborate and coordinate projects with Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Engineering Productivity and cross-functional teams on behalf of Cloud Engineering Productivity across Cloud/Technical Infrastructure.
- Drive portfolio of technical projects end-to-end and multi-quarter roadmap across Cloud Engineering Productivity for tools development and process improvement.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of industry experience, working with technical subjects and emerging technologies in Cloud, or related technical fields.
- Experience in a Software Engineering and Program/Project Management role.
- Experience as a Release Manager.
- Experience with designing and managing large scale complex build, deployment tools, infrastructure, test environments, and test automation
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of Unix systems internals, storage, and networking
- Track record successfully delivering complex software products, in-depth knowledge of project management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups.