At Citi, we believe in using the power of modern engineering technologies and practices to improve people’s lives. Increasingly, with the adoption of smart phones and watches and the cloud-based computing solutions that back them, individuals carry their compute capabilities on their person allowing them to manage the transactions that make up their lives in the moment and as they see fit. Our mobile first banking strategy was established to ensure that we embrace this change, leap frogging traditional banking paradigms to drive the creation of the bank of tomorrow. No mean feat. To advance this change, we’ve spun up a couple of internal initiatives, Agile Citi and Citi FinTech, aimed at demonstrating how independent teams using best of breed technical platforms, development tools and techniques can significantly reduce the time it takes to move from definition to production while increasing product quality, table stakes for solutions that operate in the world of personal finance. Agile Citi is a dramatic re-envisioning of traditional monolithic mainframe banking systems leveraging best of breed open source cloud computing capabilities to create functionally discreet micro services. Established as a startup in late 2015, Citi FinTech is the internal future-forward competitor designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services. At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. And we believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning; people who like to build new platforms, features and services. This position requires collaboration with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your product background, while defining and driving program initiatives, and using your technical knowledge to work with the engineering teams to deliver. Thinking strategically and tactically along with being innovative, an exemplary leader, an excellent communicator, influencer, and working with a premier team will help you be successful in the role. Leading and navigating cross-functional efforts should come naturally, along with having tried and true experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality simple products and features that customers’ love. You will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs. This position has high levels of exposure to senior members of the organization, where you would be preparing documentation for senior executives and align roadmaps with organizational objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree computer science.
• 5+ years in product/program management/technical PM working directly with software development teams.
• 3+ years of commercial coding experience.
• Experience delivering with an agile methodology (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
• A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
• Solid business judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss complex technical concepts.
• Knowledge of online and offline financial businesses.
• Experience defining complex software architecture.
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies