Technical Program Manager
The Intent Based Networking Group (IBNG) Operations and Solutions team is responsible for Strategic Execution, Planning, PMO, Business Operations and Customer Solutions Testing. We drive initiatives from conception to execution, cultivating alignment across theatres, segments and functions. We seek excellence and consistency in program management practices with the ultimate goal of accelerating Cisco's growth.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager who can help to realize strategic business benefits, achieve strategic objectives, and execute operational efficiencies. You will build cross-functional partnerships to plan, direct and coordinate complex engineering programs.
You are an inquisitive, a keen problem solver, and able to work close with your stakeholders.
- Manage cross-functional Enterprise Software Solutions and Programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas in Intent Based Networking (Switching) Group
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Help set objectives and measurable metrics on roadmap for cross-functional programs working across various teams.
- Build dashboards to track and measure metrics as applicable.
- Drive consensus, alignment and communicate strategic program directions; Provide all necessary data to support critical decision-making through fact-based analysis.
- Identify, document and track program dependencies required for successful execution.
- Ensure effective communication within multi-functional teams: Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA and Release Management.
- Your role requires strong people, data and communications; it requires excellent leadership, critical thinking, independence, organizational excellence, data analysis, presentation and communication skills.
- Have a good understanding of Networking fundamentals and Protocols. Experience working on medium to large-scale Enterprise Software programs.
- Experience in Networking, Switching & Wireless and Cloud technologies is a plus.
- Proactively establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships that impact the Enterprise Switching organization
- Comfortable interpreting data to translate and present as business insights.
- Experience with Software Development and Release Management experience a plus.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
- 8+ years meaningful experience in networking/technology industry, with 5+ years in a Program Management position and a demonstrated history and ability to take a leadership role in managing programs
- Proven history of driving successful programs and leading change with your programs.
- Outstanding written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Practical work experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
· Strong technical proficiency: Networking, Cloud Architecture, Development and Deployment, Build & Release systems. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Proven ability to influence your business partners and supporting teams.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall program team efficiency. Experience in a project/solution leadership position preferred.
- Experience with Data Analysis and data visualization tools
- Experience in defining system requirements, building, integrating, and delivering medium to large-scale Networking Systems and Infrastructure.
- Programming experience in Software Development or Test highly desired.
- Deep expertise in Networking, Cloud Deployments, and Network Architecture in general is a plus.
- Experience driving Quality Initiatives with good understanding of underlying metrics.