Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
In this role, you will work with the Google Wireless team to continue the maturity of the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) ecosystem by working with key Google, Alphabet and external stakeholders. You will develop and mature applications for CBRS that provide the maximum benefit to Google's users, and position Google products within the CBRS ecosystem.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Work with industry organizations (CBRS Alliance, WInnForum, ...) to develop the standards, methods, processes and policies to further the CBRS ecosystem.
- Work with Google and Alphabet stakeholders to best define and position Google products to address the CBRS ecosystem.
- Work with the Google Wireless team to develop new initiatives to provide abundant broadband to Google users.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with wireless communications systems, software and operations.
- Experience in the commercial wireless ecosystem.
- Experience in US Spectrum Management.
- Experience with the CBRS ecosystem
- Ability to integrate technical standards and business objectives