Technical Program Manager, Capacity and Constraints Management
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
As a Capacity and Constraints Management Technical Program Manager, you will provide leadership for data center projects that will include facility implementation planning, development and documentation of deployment standards, detailed data analysis, and corresponding recommendations. You must be able to guide a multidisciplinary team through the deployment planning process. You will have subject matter expertise relevant to data center technologies and the technical judgment necessary to drive engineering decisions resulting in significant, positive business impact.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Execute on delivery of large, complex projects, managing data center constraints (power, space, cooling, operations and network) in data center deployments.
- Create and manage physical layouts and standards.
- Evaluate the deployment impact and feasibility of new technologies.
- Manage and define tools for infrastructure planning and delivery.
- Own and nurture relationships between cross-functional teams.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of technical project managementexperience.
- Experience with data center environments. Experience with two of the following: server hardware and software, network hardware and fiber optics systems, data center infrastructure and operations, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Hands-on experience in data center IT equipment room layout (MDF, IDF, server hall, etc.), connectivity and pathway, electrical and cooling systems serving the IT equipment. Experience in working with A/E, GC and sub contractors in design and construction, driving or influencing from requirement, design development, construction administration through construction deliverable acceptance and close-out.
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit, managing complex spreadsheets and working with a geographically diverse team
- Relevant experience in TCO evaluation for new technology deployment feasibility, usability and production cut-in / change management.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills.