We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Technical Program Manager to drive the technical implementation of a key security service that helps customers secure their data in AWS. You should be someone who wants to help build massively scalable digital security systems. As a key member of the team, you will have the unique opportunity to influence and shape the strategy for the next generation of our security platform and tools. You will also have complete end-to-end technical responsibility for one or more components - from defining the product roadmap to initiating, defining and executing the projects necessary to make the roadmap a reality. This is a highly visible role - offering the opportunity to interact at all levels of the division and the company - that is ideal for someone who wants to have a big impact on this fast-growing, cutting-edge, business.
· Work with AWS product managers and customers to understand the business requirements and translate these requirements into technical/functional specifications. Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches; lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. Balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Work with AWS engineering managers to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
· Understand requirements from external auditors and guide AWS engineering towards implementing functionality that will help our customers meet their compliance obligations.
· Work with the product managers to launch these projects and provide ongoing technical support as appropriate. Evangelize within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of the services; be the primary conduit for gathering requirements for future enhancements; develop demos, sample and technical collateral as required.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· A thorough understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
· A basic understanding of encryption and cryptographic concepts
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
· Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills
· Excellent oral and communication skills
· Track record of successfully delivering high quality projects on time in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
· 3-5 years experience leading large, cross-functional technical projects
· 4+ years experience working on a software development team (as a developer, dev manager, QA engineer, or TPM) managing projects and writing technical specifications
· Post graduate degree in a Computer Science field
· Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects and writing public technical specifications
· Knowledge and experience applying cryptographic concepts to Internet security products or services
· Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
Job ID: 606741