As Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will support multiple projects working with cross functional teams across the company to meet product, project, and customer program milestones. You will work with engineers and suppliers to define timelines for deliverables, identify and escalate awareness of risks to develop mitigation plans, support budget planning activities, and clearly communicate progress of development to management and the executive team.
The TPM amplifies the efficacy of the engineering team and works to improve and minimize processes to get work done. If you are excited about tackling challenging problems and guiding the team to success, we want to hear from you! This role is expected to start in Q1 2021.
In detail you will:
- Management of product development projects or customer programs throughout their life-cycle
- Definition, implementation, and management of technical and programmatic roadmaps and success criteria
- Developing program scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work hand-in-hand with the Engineering teams the U.S. and in Zurich to provide complete product solutions to our customers
- Monitor, track and report on project and program performance, cost, and status
- Be responsible for customer and stakeholder success and satisfaction
- Author proposals for submission to customers that include technical, cost and management details.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related field (software engineering or electrical engineering preferred)
- Minimum of (4) years’ experience working directly on Engineering projects
- A proven track record of running successful programs or projects
- Leadership skills and experience in a highly technical environment
- A strong communicator able to articulate vision/mission to team
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (e.g. JIRA, Trello, Project)
- A grounded understanding of how modern software and hardware development is performed and managed
- A background in robotics or drones is a plus
- Courageous and a risk taker. A mover and shaker yet collaborative and inclusive of a team approach to results