Would you like to be one of the leaders of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Amazon Physical Retail Platform is a platform consisting of several backend services that powers the customer experience for brick and mortar store of Amazon. The team's services are currently used for Amazon Books & Amazon Go.
Amazon Bookstore is the first brick-mortar shopping experience launched by Amazon. It combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com’s low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer.
Amazon Go is a convenience store launched by Amazon that provides magical shopping experience where customers can just walk out after picking items in the store.
This team has built serves that are responsible for pricing, checkout, payment & order management experience for customers. The team is looking to extend current services that serve both Amazon Go & Amazon Books to serve various other brick and mortar businesses within Amazon. We are looking for leaders to lead the initiative to launch more brick & mortar experiences.
You will lead launching features for Amazon Physical Retail Services with collaboration with teams that are both internal and external to Amazon. You will be working with multiple teams that own critical services for Amazon.com influencing them to build features in their side. You will also be working with external Amazon partners to launch features that are required for Amazon Physical Retail Service.
You will co-own goals for building a system that is highly secure, can scale to hundreds of physical stores, independent of form factor, independent of desktop or mobile mode, independent of hardware and operating system.
The Role: Everyone on our team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’re solving problems across a broad range of domains: machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will drive the design and work closely with the technical team to ensure the requirements are implemented efficiently and appropriately. You'll need to work well across multiple functional areas, have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, be able to operate successfully both strategically and tactically, and have a strong bias for action.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at scale before - anywhere. You will encounter challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, can demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history and craft beautiful products.
*Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 4+ years of technical program management experience
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
* Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
* Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
* Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
* High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
* Experience driving multiple products through a complete life cycle