Amazon is looking for a Technical Program Manager to work on Amazon Go and Amazon Books, Amazon's first-ever brick & mortar retail stores.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout – you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Amazon Books is our effort to bring 20+ years of experience selling books online to brick & mortar bookstores. Our goal is to combine the best of online book shopping (frictionless checkout, Prime benefits) with the offline experience of browsing, exploring, and discovering great books in a physical bookstore. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that Amazon customers love, and we have purposefully curated our book selection for each store to inspire all types of readers. We have launched Amazon Books in Seattle, San Diego, and Portland, with additional locations in development. For more information, see: amazon.com/amazonbooks.
Everyone on our team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’re solving problems across a broad range of domains. Specific responsibilities include:
· Scoping and delivering large, complex projects end-to-end for new initiatives.
· Collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, driving project schedules from design to release, communicating to stakeholders and executives, and managing the production launch.
· Work with engineering and product managers to translate business requirements into technical/functional specification.
· Drive effective team work, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
· Own the technology road map for the specific program area and prioritize features for development/release.
· 2+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
· 4+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry or 3+ years of coding experience (with 1 year of TPM experience).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.