Want to transform the way customers enjoy and interact with video using Alexa's voice capabilities on Amazon's cutting edge devices? Come join the team that launched video capabilities on the Echo Show and created the magical experience of controlling your Fire TV with your Echo. We are just getting started with bringing Alexa to video experiences and changing how customers consume and interact with content and have a super exciting road ahead.
On the Alexa Entertainment Team, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
We're seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 2+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Experience driving cross functional initiatives.
· MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
· Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
· Experience in managing the complete software development lifecycle for software applications in large-scale systems.
· Track record of software projects delivery.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management.
· Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery.
· A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
Job ID: 662511