As a Technical Program Manager (TPM - EPM) on the Vehicle and Services Software team, you will be responsible for leading a wide variety of cross-functional programs across vehicle/powertrain firmware, system integration, server systems, and diagnostics. In this role, you will lead the design and development of some of the most advanced and sophisticated firmware systems in the world, with unparalleled agility.
- Manage cross-functional software programs from end-to-end, covering a range of areas including powertrain/chassis/body firmware, server systems software, software/firmware platforms, and coordination with mechanical/electrical hardware teams.
- Develop and manage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work closely with engineering teams to effectively coordinate complex design inter-dependencies.
- Define and drive the schedule for upcoming new product launches and over-the-air firmware releases.
- Constantly work to evolve our processes towards increasing precision and dependability, while still maintaining the agility that has gotten Tesla to where we are now.
- Lead your teams with strength and confidence through rapid development cycles, changing requirements, and uncertainty.
- BS in computer science or electricalengineering, MSpreferred.
- 10+ years' technical program management (TPM / EPM) experience managing consumer-facing software programs and/or embedded systems.
- Experience managing end-to-end product deployment — from concept through development and successful launch.
- Prior software or systems engineeringexperience and still understand code.
- Prior experience as a director of program management or as a sr. manager of program management or group program manager.
- Experience building, developing and managing highly effective program management tools and processes.
- Solid product sense with the ability to understand product architecture and as well as drive and criticize design decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with ability to work in a highly cross-functionally environment.
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with ability to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of delivering projects on-time.
- Ability to inspire confidence in the executive team as well as the engineering project teams, as the face of your programs.
- Experience with complex electromechanical systems and/or safety critical systems is a plus.