Project Manager, Engineering Under broad direction, supervises and leads a group of engineers. Provides technical direction over a group and is responsible for employee performance appraisals and for coaching and developing lower level professionals. Plans, budgets, organizes, and controls an important segment of a very extensive and highly diversified engineering program or an entire engineering program of moderate scope. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years related experience, with average experience of 15+ years. Responsibilities
- Prepare design calculations and sketches for civil foundations, structures, drainage, rigging/heavy lift assistance
- Work closely with designers to prepare construction drawings. Work closely with client to develop scopes of work and prepare material take-offs
- Conduct drawing reviews and participate in project meetings
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal and DuPont codes and standards
- Work with Construction as needed during the installation of the project
- 10 to 25 years of experience in civil or structural engineering
- B.S in civil engineering required
- Professional engineering registration in Texas required
- Excellent communication skills; able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with other disciplines on the design team, members of the client team at various levels of operation/maintenance/engineering, outside vendors, and construction personnel.
- Physically: Candidate must be able to stand or sit for periods of up to 4 hours. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders in an industrial environment. Must be capable in the case of an emergency to don a 5 minute escape pack , carry app. 8 lb. bottle of air to an evacuation point and then if necessary to carry the bottle while walking app. 10 minutes to an alternate evacuation point .
BENEFITS KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.