FOX Weather is a 24/7 ad-supported streaming service operated by FOX News Media. Launching in October 2021, the platform builds upon FOX News Channel’s expansive newsgathering units & FOX Television Stations’ added resources with a combined 120 meteorologists for a comprehensive suite of weather products featuring local, regional and national reporting, in addition to live programming. Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar, and more than 100,000 HD cameras located around the country, the service offers users an innovative approach to forecasting, including coverage surrounding all weather patterns, from immediate to long-term.
Your Future is here! We are looking for a Technical Production Manager to join our Fox Weather family. As the Technical Production Manager, you will manage relationships between both Production’s and Operation’s internal group to troubleshoot and address technical workflow challenges and implement timely and effective resolutions. You should have strong organizational and time management skills, and you have a broad understanding of all the key components of studio and control room environments and are able to make difficult decisions under tight time constraints.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front-line control room support for all technical personnel and work alongside satellite operations, editorial/production staff and other technical operations groups to solve production related issues
- Coordinate studio crews and control room staff; schedule and handle production requests including the overall production budget
- Handle any and all requests including acquisitions, studios, signal flow, satellites, and graphics processes
- Deliver the highest quality of service and maximum resource utilization
- Plan for both large and small scale remote site projects (i.e. elections, full shows on the road)
- Book crews, hotels, and travel arrangements
- Order/ Rent equipment
- Compile a list of technical gear needed, office space, talent requests, makeup, and anything else that production requires
- Travel to/from remote sites, working on site and being the lead person for large and small-scale events
- Work closely with producers and directors in planning programs and managing field, studio, and manpower scheduling to minimize costs to the customer and channel
- Work closely with finance managers in preparation of show or facility budgets and expense reporting
- Provide front-line management of staff, facilities, equipment and technology for a customer-driven production operations group supporting News, Business and Weather
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Production Manager in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with iNews, AZ Edit, ScheduALL, Remote coordination and Microsoft Excel
- A broad understanding of all key components of studio and control room environments as well as working in the field on different size remote
- Well versed in the operations of all control rooms and studio functions
- Strong organizational skills, good time management skills, leadership capabilities, able to make difficult decisions under time constraints and an exceptional ability to stay calm under intense and constant pressure
- Some travel will be required
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overnights.