Technical Product Specialist, Big Data
The ideal candidate is someone who…
- Enjoys working in a rapid growth environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Is a natural leader who thrives on bringing clarity, focus, and action to new and existing issues
- Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
- Has a passion for technology and a continuous thirst for knowledge; a perpetual learner
- Is a World Class Communicator across every facet of the organization
- Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
- Is Selfless, thinks team first, and has a relentless drive to "win"
The "Technical Product Specialist, Big Data" is a key player in the Product Management organization who is hands-on and brings to life the services and technical solutions focused on the Data Science across both our Managed Services and Cloud enablement organization. You are a key partner to the Product Managers who are framing the market and strategy while you help match the perfect solution(s). Ideally you are bringing a unique blended skillset that is part product engineer, part researcher, part educator, and part consultant.
In addition to Product Management you will work collaboratively with Product Engineering, Customers, Business Owners, and Delivery Staff, and Sales to define, build, and iterate on security and compliance focused solutions. This will involve keeping a keen eye on the Cloud Provider ecosystem, the ISV market, and building/testing new products hands-on to ensure our solutions and services are best of breed.
The position requires strong customer empathy and focus, communication skills, technical skills, customer presence, industry knowledge, and a desire to be an expert on all things Big Data while helping to educate others.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist in understanding customer problems related to Big Data Technologies
- Create / provide thought-leadership to the organization internally and externally
- Define and author needed artifacts, documentation, or patterns for Big Data service offerings in partnership with product managers
- Research and evaluate products in the marketplace, including open source, cloud provider, or ISV originated technology
- Be the technical evangelist and key Big Data SME within the Product organization
- Align with key SMEs at partner and cloud provider organizations specific to the Big Data market space to understand product technical detail and roadmaps
Skills / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of related Big Data experience; at least 2 of those focused exclusively on public cloud or hybrid environments.
- Technical skills coupled with strong communication skills
- Experience with compliance assessment process, policy, and common standards such as: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- Hands-on experience in assessing, implementing and optimizing large-scale deployments of data to power machine learning based products for Enterprise customers
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-team environment
- Experience with AWS and Azure enterprise technologies
- 5+ years in product management experience with building and delivering successful data products & capabilities
- Solid experience with open source big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and Presto or similar products
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technologies including AWS, S3, Redshift, EMR, Snowflake, etc.
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Create actionable, insights driven data products for a variety for strategic business initiatives, stakeholder goals, and user needs.
- Work with other product team members to help implement actionable and trackable KPI
- Establish prioritized roadmaps and implement strategies for executing with teams cross-functionally to build products that will advance the organization's productivity through data & analysis.
- Audit data sets, visualizations, dashboards, and tools end-to-end.
- Identify and prioritize key issues and opportunities for innovation.
- Implement a user-centric design methodology, focusing on goal definition, design exploration, and idea refinement.
- Communicate how users will interact with data products through multi-step user flows, designs, and prototypes.
- Manage data sharing and logic with internal and externals partners