Wunderman Data Management is seeking a Technical Product Owner for our next generation Consumer Engagement Platform (CEP) development team. The CEP platform will revolutionize how our clients engage with their consumers by creating a highly scalable, portable, and flexible ecosystem to on-board all consumer interactions. The CEP platform will provide communication and analytical capabilities which our clients will utilize to engage in meaningful conversations with their consumers at any point of interaction. For this strategic initiative, we are investing in our people and our clients, and we are looking for top talent who thrive on excitement and challenges in implementing new architectures and technologies!
- Act as the interface between product management and engineering delivery teams, with the primary task of translating business needs into actionable, engineering-facing requirements, captured as stories in the Agile framework.
- Leads user story grooming sessions and ensures a proper understanding of the business problems, can effectively communicate customer needs, and ensures requirements are understood by the technical teams.
- Provides clarity and detail necessary for product development to succeed. Ability to answer questions and deliver direction regarding story definition, acceptance criteria, stakeholder needs, and product evolution and development priorities.
- Manages the tracking of project planning and progress for the product development in a hybrid waterfall /agile environment with an outsourced and off-shore development model. Will have responsibility for following the governance and reporting requirements of the Project Management office.
- Understands and effectively applies story/requirement prioritization methods.
- Must be comfortable working independently in a cross functional environment while at times receiving minimal guidance.
- College degree – BA/BS.
- 3-5 years relevant professional work experience as a product owner, technical business analyst or technical project manager in a product development environment.
- Experience with writing user stories and leading grooming sessions for AGILE product development.
- Experience with product development life cycle (PDLC) involving data and backend services.
- Experience with MS Project, MS Office suite and AGILE tools (JIRA, Rally)
- Highly developed presentation skills and ability to tell data stories.
- Experience following defined project management processes and reporting status to internal executive leadership.
Nice to have
- Experience in consumer data, marketing technology or other related industries.
- Experience as a project manager and exposure to waterfall development (SDLC).
- Understanding of Big Data, Hadoop and cloud transformation.
- Understanding of consumer analytics, digital marketing and campaign management tools.