$150K — $250K *
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is looking for a technical leader to help drive our customer-focused, business user-enabled vision in our Global Technology organization. The team’s mission is to develop and operate (micro)services delivered by our cloud-native business technology platform. These services are developed to high standards and hold to a contract that our customers can depend on.
We are looking for a Technical Product Owner for our Offer Management team.The Offer Management team owns the technology and APIs that a) empower Product Managers to configure and deploy new product offers that our businesses want to sell in their target global markets, and b) allow customers to retrieve and configure these products (e.g., in a shopping cart) prior to placing an order.
The traits and skills required for this position include the following:
• Strong sense of ownership of product, team and success
• Build and maintain Trusted Advisor relationship(s) with stakeholders
• Understanding & appreciation of the cost vs. schedule trade space
• Looking to mentor and grow a young team
• Initiative to work with external teams
• Proactive and early communication externally
• Experience with service-oriented architecture & event-oriented thinking
• Experience with micro-service delivery that are decoupled from other services; e.g., other micro-services delivered by our common platform
• Love for discrete math, set theory and graph theory
• Very curious and accepting of constructive feedback
• Collaborative design approach
• 5+ years relevant previous experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related
• 3+ years experience in product planning/development/tracking; specific experience or training as a Scrum Product Owner
• Specific experience with agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum) and tools (Jira, Slack, Confluence) and automated development environments (CI/CD)
• Strong team building, collaboration and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units, while cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and comfortable with technical details
• Experience with (or strong desire to learn) production-quality RESTful and GraphQL API design
• Comfortable with cloud technologies and CI/CD tooling
• Up to 10% travel
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Base Compensation Range*:
164125 - 222075 USD
*Estimated range for the state of Colorado only. Ranges for other states may vary.
Valid through: 5/4/2021