Technical Product Owner
Less than 5 years experience • Software
The Technical Product Owner acts as the organizational business leader for the Benefitfocus Data Exchange Framework and is responsible for functional product definition and driving execution of the business strategy through coordination of the agile scrum teams. This includes managing the scrum team through feature level break down, user story definition and product backlog refinement.
The Technical Product Owner must lead cross functional teams including User Experience, Quality Assurance and Engineering across multiple technology products to ensure execution of a cohesive customer experience.
The Technical Product Owner's job also includes consultation and oversight with the Customer Development organization to drive alignment with product direction where necessary. The Technical Product Owner works closely with the Product Manager to ensure execution of strategic direction based on market opportunity and business needs.
The Product Owner is expected to:
- Maintain functional product area ownership and definition
- Ensure high functional product area health (Quality, Scalability, Performance, Infrastructure needs)
- Lead scrum team in execution of strategic business needs
- Maintain a prioritized feature and story backlog of market driven needs for the scrum team
- Coordination with Product and Engineering leadership for large scale initiatives
- Consultation with Customer Development at functional product area level
- Desired 2 years experience as a agile Product Owner
- Minimum of 3 years of software product or support experience
- Understanding of data exchange, integration technologies and related processes - ETL, EDI, ESBs, etc
- Understanding of SaaS technology products
- Technical background, with experience in SaaS solutions
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document and presentation