This Role Might Be For You If
- You have experience in owning software products and defining long-term product strategy and vision.
- You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
- You understand software development life-cycle and have working knowledge of the architectural components in a micro-services architecture.
- You have proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts, and have good judgment when faced with trade-offs.
- You drive product communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
In This Job, You Will
- Work with business stakeholders and Senior Engineers across multiple teams to design and build highly available systems for American Family’s PaaS platform.
- Use Lean Software Development processes such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Drive alignment on product features, business metrics, and business strategies.
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and translate into clear priorities for the product.
- Develop product roadmap including upward communication of key decisions and KPI measurement.
American Family Insurance is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience in engineering, solutions architecture, or product management.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple teams in a large organization.
- Experience working on product teams with competing priorities and aggressive timelines.
- A background in technology or design, with an understanding of B2C and B2B2C workflows.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets.
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle
- MBA or experience in Property and Casualty Insurance is preferred.
- Experience building and growing an e-commerce sales platform.
- Conversational on the foundations of aggregation theory.