Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
We are looking for a rock-star Technical Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our team. At Duo, you will play a meaningful part in fueling the growth of the company by helping us differentiate our products from our competitors and enabling our teams to successfully contend for and win our customers’ business. This is a highly visible role in the company and has the potential to make a significant impact on the business goals of Duo.
What you'll do...
- Spearhead the development of our technical high-reaching intelligence and use that knowledge to empower our teams to compete effectively and successfully.
- Develop deep technical knowledge about our products and capabilities, our competitors’ products and services, and the competitive landscape in general.
- Collaborate with partners from product management, marketing, sales, sales engineering, customer success and the management team on a regular basis.
- Engage with product management, sales teams, and customers to thoroughly understand our target audience, their challenges, and our unique value proposition.
- Plan, produce, and maintain accurate and timely technical competitive intelligence and sales enablement tools and training.
- Collaborate on multiple product marketing initiatives that may include product literature, presentations, thought leadership papers, and launch deliverables.
- Perform regular market research and analysis on competing product features, pricing, and positioning.
- Conduct win/loss interviews with customers and deliver internal presentations on key findings.
- Present on technical and competitive topics to internal and external audiences, including engineering teams, product teams and industry analysts.
Skills you'll have...
- At least a 4-year college degree with an analytical/engineering/mathematics focus or combined experience
- One or more relevant professional certifications in security, such as CCSK, CISSP, SSCP, and CompTIA Security+
- 7+ years of technical product management, product management, or systems/sales engineering experience in information security and/or enterprise IT. Specific experience in cloud security, authentication, and identity and access management fields a plus.
- Confirmed experience in getting “hands-on” with products, building and maintaining virtual environments, and developing and executing technical evaluations.
- Strong knowledge of technology fundamentals and current trends (BYOD, mobile, cloud, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training and tools, and contending intelligence assets.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and customer-centric value propositions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience in public speaking a plus.
- Ability to perform in a high-energy and highly demanding work environment where change is a constant.
- Drive and lead multiple deadlines and priorities, and drive projects through to completion, while collaborating with other teams.
- Willingness to travel (about 30%). Visiting Duo’s various offices as well as customers, prospects, and partners will be required at times.
We want you to:
- Be passionate about joining a billion-dollar startup and driving its success
- Strive for a good balance between work, fun and personal life
- Be open and agile to change and the unpredictable nature of a fast-growing tech startup
- Prefer trying and failing instead of getting it perfect the first time
- Value highly an amazing work culture and environment