Founded in 2014 by two robotics engineers from the University of Waterloo, the company today has a rapidly expanding customer base in over a dozen countries and offers comprehensive service and support to customers on five continents. Avidbots has grown to be a global leader in commercial service robots, achieving many important industry firsts along the way.
The company is backed by top global venture capital firms including True Ventures, Next47, GGV Capital and Golden Ventures. Avidbots has its headquarters in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, and offices in Silicon Valley, Hong Kong and Colombia, South America.
About the Opportunity:
As our teams are scaling, we are in need of a Technical Product Manager (product owner) to work alongside the product manager and development teams to take our product to new heights.
Our web team leads the development of our Avidbots Command Centre - our proprietary Avidbots Command Center lets you monitor, manage and track your Neo 2 - or an entire fleet of Neos - remotely and in real time. The technical product manager’s role is to work on execution details such as writing user stories, requirements, prioritize the backlog, etc - to ensure the teams have clear direction and information to develop features.
Our systems team is in charge of developing the Graphical User Interface (GUI) in our robot and other software that powers our robot. The role is similar as above - work with the development team on execution details like writing user stories, epics, requirements and prioritizing the backlog.
- Communicate vision, priorities, and represent the voice of the customer to the agile scrum team
- Work closely with Product Manager and Program Management on project documentation, such as tickets, project proposals, SOWs
- In collaboration with engineering and design, determine and document functional requirements from high level business requirements to address problem to be solved
- Define user stories ensuring they meet the acceptance criteria and definition of done in order to ensure the solution addresses business priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Plan, prioritize and maintain team backlog (both Web and System’s team)
- Provide necessary clarification to enable team to estimate and sequence work
- Accountable for marketing and communications collateral associated with releases including feature training, help documentation, etc
- Work together with Product Manager to define success metrics and analyze operational data, assessing how we are performing in the field and validating the impact of product changes
- Contribute to feature release process including creation of support documentation, presentations and other communications as appropriate
- Coordinate with other Product Managers, Project Managers and/or Program Managers in cross team initiatives to manage dependencies, resources, close gaps and ensure alignment
- Contribute to project documentation, and provide regular status updates and/or demos to Product Management and stakeholders regarding project progress
- BSc in Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Technical Product Manager in a startup or small company environment
- Experience releasing software for web, mobile and hardware products that include analytics and reporting
- Experience collaborating with designers, software developers, sales and marketing to bring new SaaS products and/or features to market
- Strong working knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical, problem-solving skills and deep attention to detail
- Deep empathy for understanding customer challenges and needs
- Insatiably curious, driven and self motivated to learn new things and tackle challenges
- Strong focus on doing what’s right for the customer and company, and the courage to stick up for it when there is opposition
Nice to Have:
- Experience in or working knowledge of UX design and/or software development
- Experience with B2B products sold into one or more of the following verticals: Facilities Management, Retail, and Warehousing