As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll be in charge of managing one of the most cutting edge and mission-critical engineering projects at Roblox. You will be responsible for implementing and refining effective process and tools for your team, and you will lead the charge on internal and external communication about project milestones and dependencies. If you are insanely organized, communicative, passionate about team efficiency and morale, and care deeply about building the right solution in the right amount of time, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Roblox Applications team.
- Well educated, with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experienced, with 5+ years in software development organization, and at least 3 years in direct technical project management. Experience managing complex software projects and applying agile methodologies.
- An expert, having deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum and ability to apply it in a smart and practical way, and have a demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them.
- Expertised with JIRA and Confluence or equivalent tools
- Extremely well organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards.
- Communicative, having strong verbal and written skills, especially in the areas of teamwork and influencing skills and ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
- A leader, with the ability to manage and multi-task across multiple projects and teams.
- Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads and product owners to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software development projects.
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
- Perform hands-on project management, including:
- Managing and maintain project information, including feature definition and scope, and epic and scrum planning.
- Facilitating regular scrum of scrum sessions and project reviews. Participate in individual scrum planning meetings as needed.
- Identifying significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met.
- Perform higher-level project tracking, reporting and metrics across Engineering. Help with engineering staffing, allocation, and tracking
- Drive information sharing, and capturing and disseminating of best practices across Engineering.