SparkPost is the world’s #1 email sender, trusted by customers like Atlassian, LinkedIn, Intercom, and Oracle to dramatically increase email performance. We send more than 37% of the world's B2C email, more than 5 trillion messages a year. SparkPost’s unmatched data footprint and signals help leading enterprises break through the email noise to drive top-line results.
The Technical Product Manager for Data Products will help lead the creation and ongoing management of an innovative suite of data products. The ideal candidate will be sharp, persistent, and creative, consistently learning and applying new quantitative and qualitative feedback to understand customer and market pains and translate them into opportunities. This candidate will have worked on B2B SaaS products in the past and will have a passion for creating simple, intuitive, and insightful experiences.
We’re looking for an experienced SaaS product manager to:
- Work closely with strategic product managers to understand market segments, customer pains, and emerging trends.
- Own the creation and execution of the product vision and roadmap for a dedicated service area of the SparkPost offering, aligning with the success criteria/goals for the service and the strategy for the company at large
- Work with customers to capture feedback on needs, validate ideas, and generally understand the challenges they are facing related to your service.
- Work directly with engineering in an integrated team to define, prioritize, architect, and build enhancements to a dedicated service area focusing on the needs of our customers. Participate in grooming, stand-up, and retro activities
- Work with the engineering team to write user stories and acceptance criteria, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Critical components of this include scoping/scheduling and managing expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead enhancement validation exercises throughout each step of the process to ensure it meets customers needs and would be easy for them to use
- Instrument, Analyze, and leverage data signals (customer and product) to drive decisions around improvements and enhancements to the service
- Own strong communication channels between multiple internal departments to coordinate go-to-market activities in areas such as marketing, sales enablement, training, support, documentation, and customer success
- Unblock the team when issues arise
- Experience creating products for B2B SaaS companies
- Passion for solving customer problems and creating services that drive innovation in the customers organization
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating both technical solutions to internal and external audiences; as well as being able to communicate the business value
- 3-5 years experience as a Technical Product Manager.
- 1-2 years at least working within B2B SaaS
- Experience with the Agile process
- Must be organized, energetic, self-starter